What is a balance transfer?
Select the card that is perfect for you! Learn more below:
- Platinum Rate Credit Card: For those who prefer a fixed low rate.
- Platinum Rewards Credit Card: For those who prefer a card offering rewards.
- Wave Platinum Credit Card: For those who prefer a low variable rate with rewards, including cash back!
- Fresh Start Credit Card: For those who want an excellent option for building or rebuilding credit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use a balance transfer for?
- Pay off higher-rate credit cards. Choose which cards you want to pay down and then transfer the balance to your Florida Credit Union card.
- Consolidate balances. Simplify managing your finances by combining several credit card balances into one.
- Pay for unexpected expenses. You can use balance transfers to pay off bills to merchants who may not accept your credit card.
Please note: Balance transfer request(s) cannot exceed the available credit on your card. Balance transfers may not be used to pay other credit cards or loans issued by Florida Credit Union. There are additional conditions that may apply. Be sure to read the terms and conditions of your balance transfer request for details. The balance transfer minimum is $100.
What is Florida Credit Union's balance transfer fee?
Florida Credit Union balance transfers are completely free. Most lenders and creditors charge either a flat fee or a fee based on the amount of your balance transfers.
What are the benefits of a balance transfer?
- Pay less interest. By transferring a higher-rate credit card balance to a lower-rate credit card, you can end up paying less interest in the long run.
- Pay off your balances. With our low rate balance transfer offers, you can put more of your payment toward the balance and less toward interest.
- Streamline monthly payments. Making payments each month is easier when you have fewer bills to manage from multiple credit cards.
What happens after I request a balance transfer?
- Most transfers are processed within a week, but in some cases it can take up to 30 days.
- Remember to continue to make payments on cards with other creditors until your balance transfer has posted to your Florida Credit Union account.
When will the balance transfer post to my account?
Most balance transfers will post to your account within a week to 21 days. This time frame is dependent on how quickly the payee processes the transferred amount. Please continue to make payments on that account until you know the transferred amount has posted and the balance has been paid.
When will interest from this offer begin to apply to my account?
Interest will begin to accrue from the day the online transaction posts to your account, unless you are within a promotional period.
Under what circumstances can you decline balance transfers I’ve requested?
We may decline your transfer request under the following circumstances: your account is past due or over limit, you request more than the maximum amount disclosed, we reasonably believe that you will be unable or unwilling to repay the balance, or for any other reason as described in your Cardmember Agreement. If the balance transfer request exceeds the available credit on your card, your request may be declined.
How are my payments allocated?
Generally, we pay off any unpaid interest first before payments are applied to principal balance. Payments are applied to the highest interest-bearing balance first.
What information do I need to pay off my other creditors?
A statement or copy of your most recent bill for the creditor you would like to balance transfer with a mailing/payments address.
Will I earn rewards or rebates?
No, balance transfers do not earn rewards or rebates.
*0.00% Introductory APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for 15 monthly billing cycles following the issuance of the account. After that, your Platinum Rate APR will vary based on your creditworthiness and card type. 0% introductory interest rate only available for new cards only; new cards cannot be used to pay off existing Florida Credit Union cards or loans; not available for the Fresh Start credit card. Introductory rate does not include cash advances. Offer subject to change at any time. APRs as of September 1, 2021. APRs on purchases and balance transfers are currently the APRs set forth in the agreements below: